Thursday, June 22, 2006

A step towards climate change!


At the start of my first year at collage, there were a number of different people who made prestentaion, to get us to sign up for their certain group. I like a fool signed up for most of them, then realized that i actually had to go lol. There was one group called envision. What they did was help us change certain things in our school. This seemed interesting, however once we got started we realized this was harder than it first appeared. There was 5 of us in a group but myself and my mate amanda were the only ones commited and we had to try and finish the whole project on our own. The project we chose was to hold a siging competition for lower years. However we never finished this. We have now finished envision without finishing our project. Next week there is a cermoney being held and we were told to go. However the cermoney theme is climate change and we were told we had to get around 500 pledges from our school. There are 4 catergories that you can pldge in. FOOD-I pledge to buy food locally. TRAVEL-I pledge to travel by coach or train to countries in Europe. ENERGY-I pledge to switch my tv of instead of leaving it on stand by. and finally STM-spread the message to 5 friends or family memebers. However this may have seemed easy but with only two members in a group this had proved to be difficult. plus we left it to the last minute and only started yesterday. So we went out with a sheet and it was amasing how many people pledged without evenig knowing what they were siging. They just saw other people siging the form and said "can i have a go." this just made me laugh because we could have been getting them to sign up for anything and they would not have even known. but now i feel upset that i didnt take the time to explain to them about climate change because this is something that i have a strong opinion on. And i do not know why i put a photo of a palm tree there. i think the main reason was becuase i took the photograph and roz always boasts about taking her own photos. lol

10 Comments:

At 2:02 am, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

Nice photo Keeley...btw pledge is a polish...I wonder if people think buying at their local supermarket is what is meant even if they buy items from other not so local countries...and do we ruin already poor peoples buisinesses by not buying imported products? ...some countries in Europe would probably need using a ferry to get to...but I do congratulat you on your endeavours and I would polish if I could. One thing many people like the idea of polishing to is that of switching the tap off when brushing their teeth saving the same amount of water a family in a developing country would have to use in a day...lots of other good polishes to generally Change the World are at We Are What We Do

Oh and did I say...nice photo?

 
At 2:05 am, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

The 'Do Something' list of We Are What We Do....Do Something

 
At 3:39 pm, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

I jus realised looking at the photo again...are you sure its a 'pine tree' and not a palm tree...or perhaps its a pine tree going to a fancy dress party dressed as a palm tree...

This knowledge has been gleaned from years of research into the logo of our club...you might have heard of it The Paradise Zone Youth Centre...Our symbol is the Palm Tree...you might have seen it...it features in our letter head (at the top of the note I gave you last night) and featured in the mural (at the club you were at last night)...now correct me if i'm wrong but is our logo a pine tree?

 
At 3:48 pm, Blogger Thomas said...

roz scares me sometimes!

 
At 4:05 pm, Blogger Keeley said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:32 pm, Blogger Keeley said...

i have no idea what you are on about lol

 
At 12:02 pm, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

Oh great I seem like a fruit loop...does everyone notice that Keeley has removed a comment from this section...that is where she comments on the whole pine/palm tree fiasco...and since has edited her post so that it reads palm instead of pine...hey an honest mistake...but trying to make me out to be seeing things...is rather hurtful...i am devastated...and plan to take up a hermit-like existence to avoid the scornful looks of people...luckily the voices in my head will keep me company...they say 'pine for the beauty that is truth as you had it in the palm of your hand.'

 
At 2:17 pm, Blogger Keeley said...

does any body else think roz is mad because i think she is lol...
and you would be good a being a hermit lol

 
At 9:51 am, Blogger Thomas said...

moses was a hermit.......but i blame oak trees for that as all of my 73 alpine cousins all live in oak trees. i know you all think im crazy......but you need to understand what im on about......my 3 psychiatrists left me.........please understand me.

mooooooooooooooooooooooo!

 
At 10:56 pm, Blogger Keeley said...

if you say so thomas. i think living in a tree would be kool i would have to try that one day you could join me if you want. And no not like that roz lol...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home