Sunday, July 09, 2006

Salvation Army


recently I stated my belief in God and Christianity. Well today I went to church. It was the first time I have been to church in a long while. I arrived at 10:30 and sat next to Thomas and Sue. Throughout the whole service I asked my self why am I here. I don't think I got a clear answer but I will state what I came up with.

1)To explore the Christian religion.
2)To understand why others believe in god and why I do too.
3)And finally to pray.

I really enjoyed it and had some fun singing. I also had some nice conversations with some of the people there. Myself, Thomas and Gordon had a discussion about how far you can go in one directions before coming to an end. Nobody knew and this seemed to frighten Gordon. Don't worry too much Gordon one day someone is bound to answer that question. However Gordon had to bring up the question we have been trying to solve for weeks now, that being what was jesus's dog called (if he had one) Wendy seemed very interested with the question and I supose she will come up with some possible answers by next Sunday.

5 Comments:

At 9:44 pm, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

The question I want answered, however, is Keeley...did your sister have a boy or a girl...are you an aunt or an uncle?

 
At 10:51 pm, Blogger Keeley said...

at the moment roz she still is in labor so niether and i am still an aunt. lol..

 
At 5:43 pm, Blogger Gordon said...

I like your reasons - they are much the same as mine! I'm not always sure I find the answers but I enjoy the journey!

 
At 10:10 pm, Blogger Thomas said...

christianity is about you're journey with god, there are many things within christianity which i find akward understanding...but somehow it doesnt effect my relationship with god! thats what i love about christianity as a religion

 
At 10:26 pm, Blogger nick said...

for what its worth, during one of our school visits recently i was asked why i 'go' to church and i said something like 'to understand more about God, the world around me, and my relationship with both'.

it's just one big learning curve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home