Monday, July 03, 2006

Star gaze

Last night at about 10:45pm I realized that it was boiling so I decided to go out side and lay on my new garden chairs. Whilst relaxing I could hear my phone ringing from the kitchen so I got up and run to answer it and it was Thomas. He told me that he could hear me from the garden and wanted a chat. So we proceeded to talk, him hanging out of his window and me laying on my chair. Our chat lasted about 45 minutes then we decided that we were being to loud, for it was about 11:30 at night. So, I proceeded to lay out in the garden and I looked up into the atmosphere at the 7 stars I could see and realized that we really do need to thing about global warming and climate change because sooner or later it is going to destroy our atmosphere. When me and Thomas started talking he rang me because I interrupted him praying, then he went on to tell me how it was the anniversary of when we went with club to protest about make poverty history in Edinburgh. We then realized that we had still been trying to make that happen even today by the fact that we spoke about it in a documentary we made with some man. LOL I can't remember his name. We also talked about the fact that the anniversary of the 7/7 bombing is coming up and how we want to remember those who died. I left thomas hanging out of his window making strange restures at me at about 12pm and went to bed.

3 Comments:

At 7:55 pm, Blogger Thomas said...

keeley they wasn't weird gestures it is called the ( just checking the weird gestures message i sent you on my mobiler) aha its caleed the pigrasa dance. I had fun hanging out my window last night flashing at you (with my lamp ofcourse, keeley will understand what im on about) lol

 
At 12:24 am, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

EastEnd Life headline reads: The Poplar Flasher Strikes Again!

 
At 5:08 pm, Blogger nick said...

I had a dream the other night, a powerful and interesting dream. And the really frustrating thing about it is that I can't remember what it was about (have you ever had that?). I had a flash of it as I woke up, enough to make me think how extraordinary and meaningful it was; and then it was gone. I had the meaning but missed the experience.

I think our passion for making poverty history, protecting the environment and issues of justice often seems similar. We dream the dream of justice, we march on behalf of those who are trapped by poverty, we gaze at the stars and realise what we have to lose and we glimpse, for a moment at least, a world at one, a world put to rights, a world where things work out, where societies function healthily, where we not only know what we ought to do but actually do it. And then we wake up and come back to 'reality'. But what are we hearing when we are dreaming the dream?

I hope you never stop dreaming and never lose the courage to make your dreams real.

Keep gazing and keep blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home