Monday, July 31, 2006

Magic

Today up club Kevin taught us some magic tricks, and this got me thinking of a program I watched on T.V last night, It was about Harry Houdini. Here are a few facts that I found about Houdini last night.
1) Houdini was not in fact born is the USA, he was born in Budapest Hungary.
2) Houdini was born Erich weiss. He took on the name Houdini from a french magician, Jean Eugene Robert-Houdin who influenced him.
3)Houdini then wrote a book exposing the magicians methods. Which was called The unmasking of Robert-Houdin.
4)Houdini did not die whilest performing the water torture trick, in fact he died of a ruptured appendix.
5)Harry Houdini died on the 31st of october which is halloween.

3 Comments:

At 9:45 pm, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

He was also my great uncle...if i was adopted as i suspect i am but my parents don't want to tell me not realising that i wouldn't be upset for the reason that it would make sense that my brothers weren't my real brothers...because they smell of turpentine and kippers...that and i can disappear like this -

 
At 10:41 pm, Blogger Keeley said...

of course you can roz wow

 
At 6:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

number five gives me da creeps lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home